Monday, April 28, 2008

Supplemental Health Insurance

ceiling superEconomica [ArtAttack Style]

Then, we start from the beginning, to a tank as small as the one that I built (30x20x15) I had to find a ceiling small enough, but at the same time powerful.

In market there are many solutions, most of which use PL lamps ... but many of these had as a disadvantage or be too bulky or too expensive.

For this reason I decided to make the lamp to me, and according to my needs.

The basic idea is very well known and discussed on the internet and relies on the use of energy saving lamps, which in the end are nothing more than neon wrapped.

The fact that do not produce much heat is a great advantage and allows us to use these lamps in many different ways.


super economic My idea comes from the materials that you see below:








to be more precise it is:


  • a cardboard box (it is a box of bolts)

  • a cardboard tube

  • paper Silver Kitchen

  • glue

  • cord into an electrical outlet

  • males

  • attacks E27 bulbs

said that we start working immediately!


First, cut the cardboard tube into pieces the same length as the width of the box, after which each one of these tubes we cut through to form a half circle (a half-pipe: P).




After that paint the inside of the half-pipe with a lot of white glue thinned 50% with water and applied over the foil so that it can not wrinkle.




I repeated this process until achieving 3 / 2 tubes, which I then glued inside the box "with plenty of glue" (as would the conductor ArtAttack).




Once dried, I brushed the whole box inside or outside (except for those parts with aluminum foil) of the mixture first prepared based glue and water, which has the dual function of stiffening a little cardboard and serve as waterproofing.




Without this, the ceiling is complete, all that remains is to make a hole on one side to prepare for the E27 and finish the edges as desired.
As I finish I chose to use sheet aluminum I had available, but you could use anything, even the insignia of wood.




To fix the choice is yours, personally I did at the beginning of the L that support, but then I decided to hook it with the transparent nylon thread (fishing line 0.45) by the holes passing on the box on the shelf and the shelf where I got room for my acquarietto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment